Watermelon is our childhood. Watermelon is love. Watermelon is gratitude. Watermelon is a big hug. Watermelon is a good laugh. Watermelon is passion. Watermelon is You and me. Watermelon is summer. Watermelon is peace. Watermelon is magic. Watermelon is a never-ending kiss.
Pic: Tamara Bellis
WATERMELON FUN FACTS:
1, Watermelons are mostly water — about 92 % — but this refreshing fruit is soaked with nutrients.
2. Each juicy bite has significant levels of vitamin A, B6 and C. lots of antioxidants and amino acids. There’s even a modest amount of potassium.
3. Scientists have taken notice of watermelon’s high lycopene levels – about 15 to 20 milligrams per 2-cup serving some of the highest levels of any type of fresh produce. Watermelon’s high levels of lycopene are very effective at protecting cells from demage and may help lower the risk of heart disease, reduces hypertension and lower blood pressure.
4, The lycopene in watermelon makes it an anti-inflammatory fruit.
5, The watermelon contains fiber, which encourages a healthy digestion.
6. Vitamin A is stellar for your skin, helps keep skin and hair moisturized and it also encourages healthy growth of new collagen and elastin cells.
7. Drinking watermelon juice before an intense workout helps reduce next -day muscle soreness and heart rate.
8. The watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) is related to cucumbers, pumpkins and squash.
9. The watermelon probably originated in the Kalahari Desert in Africa.
10.Egyptians placed watermelons in the burial tombs of kings to nourish them in the afterlife.
11.The first recorded watermelon harvest is depicted in Egyptian hieroglyphics from about 5000 years ago.
12.Merchants spread the use of watermelons along the Mediterranean Sea. By the 10th century, watermelons had found their way to China, which is now the word’s top producer of watermelons.
13. The Moors in the 13th century brought watermelons to Europe.
14. All parts of a watermelon can be eaten, even the rid.
15. VIBES HINT:
Grated Watermelon Scrub: Squeeze out the juice from grated watermelon and mix with a pinch of gram flour. Apply the paste on the face and leave it for fifteen minutes. The pulp is an excellent scrub and leaves your skin glowing.
Source : www.livescience.com
Our favourite watermelon accessories:
Dolce & Gabbana Watermelon Earrings
Watermelon Bed Pillowcases : http://www.ebay.com.au
www.farfetch.com / SARAH’S BAG watermelon clutch
Credit: www.cupshe.com , Pinterest
Dolce & Gabbana Watermelon Print Espadrillas
Dolce And Gabbana Watermelon Mini Sicily Bag