7 Refreshing and Super Healthy Green Smoothies
1. STRAWBERRY SPINACH GREEN SMOOTHIE
Pictures and recipe from: http://www.cookingclassy.com
Strawberry Spinach Green Smoothie
- 1 1/2 very ripe bananas, peeled, diced and frozen
- 6 oz fresh strawberries, hulled (about 8 – 9 medium)
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and halved
- 3 cups packed baby spinach (don’t use regular, baby spinach has a milder and sweeter flavor)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup ice
- Add bananas, strawberries, oranges, spinach, water and half of the ice to a blender. Blend until combined then add remaining ice and blend until smoothie is well pureed. Serve immediately.
2. CITRUS FLAX GREEN SMOOTHIE
Photo and recipe: http://www.culinaryhill.com
CITRUS FLAX GREEN SMOOTHIE
- ½ cup water
- 2 clementines, peeled
- 1 banana
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- Combine all ingredients in a blender in the order listed. Blend until smooth.
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal may be substituted for the whole flaxseeds.
3. KICK BOOTY KALE PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE
Photos and recipe: http://www.wellplated.com
Kick Booty Kale Pineapple Smoothie
- 2 cups lightly packed chopped kale leaves, stems removed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk you like)
- 1 frozen medium banana, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, creamy or crunchy (I use natural creamy)
- 1 to 3 teaspoons honey, to taste
- Place all ingredients (kale, almond milk, banana, yogurt, pineapple, peanut butter, and honey) in a blender in the order listed. Blend until smooth. Add more milk as needed to reach desired consistency. Enjoy immediately.
4. 4 INGREDIENT SMOOTHIE FOR GLOWING SKIN
Photos and recipe: http://www.beautybites.org
- fresh ginger, chopped or grated
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 cups water
- Wash veggies.
- Place everything to a blender and blend until smooth.
5. GREEN WARRIOR PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
Photos and recipe: http://ohsheglows.com
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh red grapefruit juice
- 1 cup (25 g) destemmed dinosaur/lacinato kale or baby spinach
- 1 large sweet apple (200 g), cored and roughly chopped
- 1 cup (130 g) chopped cucumber
- 1 medium/large stalk celery (85 g), chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons (30 to 40 g) hemp hearts, to taste
- 1/3 cup (55 g) frozen mango
- 2 tablespoons (4 g) packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons virgin coconut oil (optional)
- 4 ice cubes, or as needed
- Juice a red grapefruit and add 1/2 cup grapefruit juice to the blender.
- Now add the kale (or spinach), apple, cucumber, celery, hemp, mango, mint, coconut oil (if using), and ice. Blend on high until super smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately! This makes enough for a large glass with some leftover so you can also divide it into two servings and save one for later.
6. MANGO GREEN TEA SMOOTHIE
Photos & recipe: http://www.cookingclassy.com
- 1 1/2 cups brewed and fully chilled green tea (it works best to prepare it the night before, refrigerate, then remove tea packets the following morning)
- 1 1/2 cups (8.5 oz) frozen diced mangos
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups packed (2.5 oz) fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small handful fresh mint (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until well pureed. Serve immediately.
7. CUCUMBER AVOCADO SMOOTHIE
Photos & recipe: http://reneenicoleskitchen.com
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Score avocado, remove seed and scoop out flesh.
- Peel cucumber and remove seeds.
- Remove stems from cilantro.
- Place avocado, cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, water, and salt if using into the blender.
- Puree until smooth and creamy.
Frozen Smoothie Packs
If you are really busy it’s a great idea to prepare your smoothie in advance!
For more click on the link