Coconut Oil Beauty Hacks
Apparently coconut oil is among the healthiest foods in the planet. The medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil have anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. Coconut oil improves memory and brain function, reduces inflammation and arthritis, it prevents heart disease and high blood pressure. It’s a proven Alzheimer’s disease natural treatment. It is beneficial in losing weight. ( COCONUT OIL BENEFITS )
But it has other great properties as well; for example it has fascinating benefits as a cooking oil but we can also use it as a natural beauty product. Coconut oil – among many other potential uses – is perfect for teeth whitening, you can use it as a facial wash or scrub, or make-up remover and it’s tropical scent is also great for aromatherapy. We picked some great ideas for you 🙂
COCONUT OIL FOR A SUPER LONG AND HEALTHY HAIR
To have an amazingly healthy and long hair is everybody’s dream. Coconut oil can help you make your wish come true as it encourages hair growth and volumize your hair thanks to its Omega-3 fatty acids. For this simple and magical hair mask all you need is: (Source: Style Tips 101)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl, making sure to beat the egg well in advance.
- Apply the entire mixture to hair, starting from roots to ends.
- Massage the mask into your hair gently in slow circular motions. This will get the blood flowing and encourage faster hair growth.
- Leave the mask on for at least 30 minutes. You may leave it on for as long as you like, but the longer the better!
COCONUT OIL FOR WEIGHT-LOSS
Compared to long-chain fatty acids, it’s easier for our bodies to convert medium-chain fatty acids into energy like this promoting fat burn. Coconut oil is a perfect natural solution without any side effects for those who want to loose weight avoiding a never-ending diet. Check out the following tricks for a smooth weight-loss:
( Source )
Method 1: Drink Coconut Oil with Lemon
- Step 1. Combine lemon juice and coconut oil
- Step 2. Stir and consume the coconut-lemon drink daily
Method 2: Drink Coconut Oil with Green Tea
- Step 1. Make a cup of green tea
- Step 2. Add coconut oil to it and consume
Method 3: Use Coconut Oil with Yogurt
- Step 1. Mix coconut oil with yogurt
- Step 2. Consume the coconut-yogurt mix
COCONUT OIL FACE SCRUB FOR GLOWING SKIN
Everyone wants to have an amazing skin. Scrubbing / exfoliating should be part of our daily beauty routine. They refresh and rejuvenate your skin. Benefits of body scrubs include the removal of dead skin cells as a result of exfoliation with a mild body scrub extend to moisturizing as it allows for the easy absorption of a skin moisturizer into the healthy skin. The good news is that you can easily prepare your scrub at home ?
All you need to do is mix 1 Tablespoon coconut oil with 1 Tablespoon baking soda. If you want to prepare a scrub for your body you can use brown sugar as well instead of baking soda.
Try this facial scrub with a few drops of essential oils ?
Try also: Coconut Oil & Coffee Hand & Body Scrub
COCONUT OIL HOME-MADE EYELINER
If you have sensitive eyes and you like home-made staff this is the solution for you. I would never have thought that it’s so easy. Love it!
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons aloe vera gel
- 1 – 2 capsules of activated charcoal (for black) OR ½ tsp cocoa powder (for brown)
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Be sure to store this into a dark and cool place. Use a clean brush to ensure you don’t introduce any bacteria to the mixture.