Peter’s Pan: Onion chutney tart with feta
Onion chutney tart with feta
This crispy savoury tart made with puff pastry, onions, and feta. Ideal for long summer evenings, followed by your favourite wine or g&t.
Super easy to make, you don’t have to spend your precious time in the kitchen. Let’s see what you’ll need to impress your loved ones.
Collect your favourite Peter’s Pan recipes! Download your free copy of this recipe here: June 2018 VIBES – Peter’s Pan: Onion chutney tart with feta
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 jar of onion chutney
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg cracked in a bowl and whisked
- 150 g fresh figs quartered
- 30 g of feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Yellow marjoram
- Pre-heat your oven at 190 degrees
- Roll the pastry into a rectangle(or whatever shape you want). Place pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Prick with a fork at a couple inch increments to prevent the pastry from forming big bubbles while baking.
- Place the feta on the sides and then cover it with the pastry, creating a cool hidden feature for your delicious meal.
- Spread the chutney over pastry, all the way to the edges.
- Put the sliced figs on top and sprinkle with your preferred fresh herb – I used marjoram but you can give it a try with thyme, sage or rosemary.
- Bake it for 18-20 minutes.