Pomegranate – the Symbol of Fertility
What is art? Nature concentrated.
Pomegranate Fun Facts
Download this article in PDF for free here: VIBES NOVEMBER 2017 – pomegranate
1. Jewish tradition teaches that the pomegranate is a symbol of righteousness because its 613 seeds correspond with the 613 commandments of the Torah. However, the number of seeds in a pomegranate varies.
2. Pomegranate is one of the Seven Spices (shivat haminim), seven fruits and grains named in the Hebrew Bible as being native to Israel.
3. Many scholars believe it was a pomegranate rather than an apple that tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
4. In Greece it is traditional to break pomegranates on the ground at weddings and on New Year’s.
5. Every October, the Pomegranate Festival is held in Goychay, Azerbaijan. The festival features pomegranate cuisine, dancing, and music.
6. Pomegranate is one of the few foods (mushrooms are another) that contain natural aromatase inhibitors.This means that they inhibit the production of estrogen, which can reduce breast cancer risk.
7. Since ancient times, pomegranates have been considered as a symbol of fertility. A glass of pomegranate juice boosts testosterone levels in both men and women. This property makes natural aphrodisiac that is great for your sex life.
8. Apart from reducing the body’s internal oxidative stress, pomegranates also help lower psychological stress that you go through your personal and professional life.
9. Pomegranate can help prevent Parkinson’s disease along with Alzheimer’s.
10. Astudy showed that hydroalcoholic extract of pomegranate effectively lowered dental plaque formation due to microorganisms build up by almost 84%.
Let’s check some Pomegranate recipes!!!
Strawberry Pomegranate Sangria
1 lb strawberries, sliced plus more for garnish arils (the seeds) from 1 pomegranate
2 (750ml) bottles red wine
2 cups pomegranate juice club soda, to taste
Place the sliced strawberries and arils in a large pitcher. Add wine and pomegranate juice. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 6-24 hours. Taste; if you’d like it to be sweeter, add 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar, honey, or agave. Pour the sangria with fruit into glasses and add a splash of club soda to each glass. Garnish with a
strawberry, if desired. Add ice to your glasses of sangria. Photo and recipe: www.sallysbakingaddiction.com
Triple Layer Pomegranate Mousse Dessert (Gluten free)
- 2 cups (473ml) heavy cream
- 2 cups (250g) confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces (340g) whipped cream cheese (or 8oz regular; see Step 3)
- 4 ounces (113g) strawberry Jello powder
- 3/4 cup (177ml) boiling water
- 3/4 cup (177ml) cold pomegranate juice
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- For Top Jello Layer:
- 6 ounces (170g) strawberry Jello powder
- 1 cup (236ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (236ml) cold pomegranate juice
- additional pomegranate seeds, for garnish
For the full recipe visit : www.tatyanaseverydayfood.com
No Bake Pomegranate Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust:
1 1/2 cups of chocolate cookie crumbs
6 tbs melted unsalted butter
For the filling:
3 packs (8oz /226 grams each) cream cheese, at room
1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup of full fat heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
For the top layer:
1/2 cup Pom juice (or any pomegranate juice)
1 cup of any other red juice ( could be raspberry,cranberry,
grape or any mixed juice cocktail )
1 medium pack (3oz) raspberry flavoured jello
1 cup of pomegranate seeds
For the full recipe visit: www.heghineh.com